Jun. 4th, 2017


Jun. 4th, 2017 07:31 pm
stoutfellow: My summer look (Summer)
The paper I've been working on, "Towards a Taxonomy of Polygons I: Form Classes and Triangles", is just about done. Truth to tell, I've been stalling, going over it again and again.

"That could be worded better."
"I can't use that concept yet; it isn't defined until the next subsection!"
"Do I really need to mention that in this paper?"

... yeah, stalling.

I've begun thinking about the structure of the second paper in the sequence, "TaToP II: Isolated Classes". I've known what's going to be in it for quite some time, but the details of its organization need fleshing out. That's where the next problem arises. TaToP I introduces a lot of machinery that I'll be using throughout this series of papers, and the later papers will have to, at least, recap the machinery. Thinking about it, I've realized that the recap will be a lot easier (and more comprehensible) if I change the notation I've been using. To be honest, it's not very good notation. Good notation should make it easier to think, and it certainly shouldn't be confusing - and the notation I've been using fails on both counts.

I've worked out how to clean that up. Doing so (and making another change that goes along with it) will require me to completely rewrite one section of TaToP I, and then change the notation in the rest of the paper to fit. Gaah... but it will make it a slightly better paper.


stoutfellow: Joker (Default)

September 2017

345678 9
1011121314 1516
171819202122 23

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 24th, 2017 03:10 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios